Monday 25 January 2010

Feeling considerabely better than I did in the first half of this month, I am tackling my sons' bedroom decoration (again - it needs updating from a baby's nursery to a little boy's bedroom). New curtains & pelmets, new bedspread, and a few little bits and pieces to put up on the walls. I'm going to use my Dragon Doorstop as an inspiration, with the dragon himself on the curtains, along with a brave knight, and campaign tents and jousting knights on the pelmets. At least I hope to get around to doing it all! I made some Letter Bunting with Dragon ends for a customer recently, and am still working on a set of pictures and cushions to go with him.













I have made quite a few more of the large letters now, in different colour combinations. I am not sure how to describe all of the colour ways though - the blue/red/yellow for example depends very much on the base fabric I use. If the blue stars that I use for my dragons, then the whole effect is paler than using a blue gingham for example - perhaps 'blue stars' and 'blue gingham'? Let me know if you have any other idea!















Other than that I am looking for a 'proper job' at the moment. We have definitley decided that I need to use my professional qualification to earn us some serious cash, and whilst I have no intention of giving up gettymops, I am in complete agreement that we need to finance our dream-house and see the boys grow a little older before I take the next step and get someone in to help me with the sewing or even outsource it abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment